First big DOOM update on June 30 will add the classic weapon center viewpoint
Developer id Software and publisher Bethesda Softworks will release the first major free update for the DOOM first-person shooter reboot on June 30 for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Among other things, it will include an option to switch the weapon viewpoint to the center, similar to the classic DOOM games.
Here's a quick look at what's new with the free DOOM update:
New Features and Optimizations
- Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
- Added Photo Mode (You'll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)
- Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
- Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
- Added Original Author to the map info page
- Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
- Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
- Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
- Added Sky/Window props
- Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps
- Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches
Here's what is being fixed in the DOOM update:
- Fixed Steam Friends' Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
- Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
- Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
- Fixed "IDKFA" Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
- Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
- Fixed some occurrences of the "Every Nook and Cranny" Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
- Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
- Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
- Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
- Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
- Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
- Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
- Bug and stability fixes
- Fixed Asian language font issues
- Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
- Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
- Various map error fixes
- Various logic fixes
- Various stability fixes
- Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
The disc version of DOOM for the Xbox One is available for $59.99 (opens in new tab) at the Microsoft Store.
See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
I might finally buy this now (weapon centric view is a must for Doom), good discount on steam sales
i hope they fixed the issue where if you change your jump bind off spacebar (like mouse2 for example) then you can't start a level after loading screen without alt+tabbing and trickery. hated this so much. says press (mouse2 icon) to continue and it just does nothing when mouse2 is pressed or any other key on the entire keyboard for that matter. was too lazy to see if anyone else was having the issue. awesome game btw!
40% off on Steam until July 4 for those interested. Bought it this weekend, highly addictive so far. Looks amazing in 4K.
I can't find anyone to play with on multiplayer, region lock sucks. Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Heh with the centered gun position they should also have included a doomguy head/health picture -nostalgia all the way :-p