GPS Calculator is a tool box of sorts for your Windows Phone GPS. The app won't appeal to everyone but it helps you determine distances, coordinates, and areas of maps (here's our review). If you are in need of such tools, it's a very nice app and was recently updated to version 5.0.
GPS Calculator's new features include:
- Sharing of location in any supported format via sms, email or social
- Time zone, local time and sunrise-sunset calculations for any location
- A new Altimeter function where you can not only view elevation profile graphs and get current GPS elevation, but also compare it using five different elevation data models.
The GPS Calculator Version 5 update also adds support for:
- SRTM3 (shuttle radar topography mission)
- ASTER (Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer) which is a high resolution imaging instrument that is flying on the Terra satellite
- GTOPO30 (global digital elevation model from topo maps)
- USGS elevation data
- Google’s elevation data web service
GPS Calculator is not a tool for everyone. It isn't a navigation app to take you from point A to B. But if you feel a little geeky about GPS technology, or just want to learn about it – you should give GPS Calculator a try.
GPS Calculator is a free, ad free app for your Windows Phone that you can snatch up over here at the Windows Phone Marketplace.
Thanks, Kitya, for the tip!
Here are five possible directions a Halo spin-off game might take
A recent 343 Industries job listing suggests that a new Halo spin-off title may be on the horizons. Here are five possible directions we think a game like that might go in.
Intel Optane memory hits snag with Windows 10 May 2020 Update
If you've been experiencing errors with your PC's Intel Optane memory after updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, you're not alone. Intel has confirmed the problem and says it is working with Microsoft on a fix.
Surface Pro X and Surface Studio snag pair of new firmware updates
Microsoft released a new batch of firmware updates for both the Surface Pro X and Surface Studio today. For the Surface Pro X, you can expect improved battery performance, while Surface Studio users can expect better stability.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.