Marvel's Avengers' Corrupted Vibranium event is the best way to level up your characters to 150
This limited-time event is an opportunity too good to miss to finish leveling up all your heroes.
The first in-game event for Marvel's Avengers tied to the War for Wakanda expansion is now live, and it's one not to be missed for several reasons. The Corrupted Vibranium event has seen Wakanda's infamous precious metal start to appear outside the country, for reasons tied to the story (so no spoilers if you didn't finish it yet).
The event comes with its own mission chain as well as an individual chain for each hero, with the main one a fairly easy way to get your hands on some exotic gear. But beyond these Vibranium-related rewards, there's another reason to go hard on this event right now.
Demolishing Corrupted Vibranium is an easy, fast way to get good gear and, if you have any under-leveled characters, as I do, it's an ideal time to quickly get them up to the 130 power level cap for gear.
Corrupted Vibranium: The rewards
Each piece of Corrupted Vibranium seems to be rewarding two gear pieces, which is an astonishingly good return considering it takes seconds to demolish each one. So the more you demolish, the more gear you'll get, the faster you'll be able to increase your power level closer to the 130 gear cap.
You'll also gain shards towards the main event mission chain until you've earned 400 to check off that requirement. The only inconvenience is that sometimes you have to wait a few seconds because unless the Vibranium is glowing, you can't destroy it.
There are a number of different missions featuring Corrupted Vibranium, and I've come up with a short, fast run that will net you at least 10 pieces of gear and a SHIELD Cache in just over three minutes. The SHIELD Cache is important because it's a guarantee that over the course of your runs you'll also get some higher power Minor Artifacts, which you'll also need as you level up.
How to level up fast with the Corrupted Vibranium event
I'm not claiming as gospel that this is the absolute best or most efficient run, but it's the one I've been using, and of the Corrupted Vibranium missions I've done, I feel like it's the easiest to complete quickly without getting into any trouble. I've clocked it at 3 minutes and 18 seconds, and have seen power level increases as high as eight per run doing this as Captain America. Flying characters like Iron Man and Thor can probably do it even quicker.
The idea is to load in, do this run, return to the Quinjet, then load back in and do it over and over again, farming gear until you get to level 130 (the hard cap for gear, you have to upgrade it to 140 and pair with an upgraded Major Artifact to hit 150).
The mission you want is in the Pacific Northwest region, and is called Corrupted Vibranium: Stark Realities. Here's the run.
- When you load into the mission, ignore the objective marker and go left through the trees.
- When you come to a break in the trees you'll see some drones and ground enemies. Ignore these and just jump right over the clearing and keep heading straight.
- Not too far from the group of enemies you'll see the marker for the Corrupted Vibranium clusters appear on screen, just head towards it.
- The first cluster has two pieces to destroy, one on either side of the small canyon. Take the one on the left first as it's usually glowing when you arrive, then jump over and take out the second.
- From the second piece you'll already have the signal on screen for the nearby SHIELD Cache. Turn directly around and run away from the Vibranium, then follow the cliff wall round to the right. The opening control for the bunker is just ahead in a bush.
- Grab the two chests inside the bunker and come straight back outside this time heading directly towards the main objective marker. On the way you might also see a chest on the grass or on an aerial platform on the left.
- As you approach the marker, an Elite AIM team will appear. You don't need to engage, instead, go through the gate and immediately go right.
- Jump over the elite that starts rushing towards you, turn left around the building then immediately go right.
- Almost immediately you'll see another marker for Corrupted Vibranium. This cluster has three nodes to destroy for six pieces of gear.
- When you destroy the last piece, immediately return to the Quinjet. Then rerun as much as you need.
The run itself takes just over three minutes once you know where you're going, but obviously, you have loading times on top of that. Those will differ depending on whether you're on PC, Google Stadia, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, Xbox One, or PS4. But that aside it's a pretty short, incredibly fruitful run. In the space of 15 minutes, I took my Captain America from a 68 power level up to 99 without having to do anything but the steps above.
There are two chests you can get, too, if you're ok adding a bit of time to each run. The first is in the canyon by the first set of Vibranium, but I find that it adds a little too much time to be worth it. The second is on the building by the second set of Vibranium and makes more sense to grab on a fast run like this.
The event runs for two weeks from Thursday, Aug. 19, so you don't have too long to take advantage. But the Corrupted Vibranium rewards are so good you won't need more than a few hours of solid farming to level up any remaining heroes.
Now is the best time to give this game a chance
With next-gen upgrades and a ton of content to play, including the arrival of Black Panther and Wakanda soon, there has never been a better time to get into Marvel's Avengers, which now might be one of the better Xbox games.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Richard Devine is a Managing Editor at Windows Central with over a decade of experience. A former Project Manager and long-term tech addict, he joined Mobile Nations in 2011 and has been found on Android Central and iMore as well as Windows Central. Currently, you'll find him steering the site's coverage of all manner of PC hardware and reviews. Find him on Mastodon at mstdn.social/@richdevine