What you need to know
- The Microsoft Edge Dev channel picked up another weekly update today.
- This update adds notable new translation features.
- The update is rolling out now as version 87.0.658.0.
A fresh update is rolling out for testers on the Microsoft Edge Dev channel. This latest weekly update includes a few new features of note. The highlight is new translation features, including the ability to translate specific text selected on a page.
Here's a look at the release notes posted by Microsoft:
- Added the ability to translate selected text on a page.
- Added the ability to never translate a particular site.
- Added a management policy to Configure Speech Recognition. Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates are still needed.
- Obsoleted the management policy to Enable Deprecated Web Platform Features.
- Fixed an issue where opening Edge sometimes causes the device to bluescreen.
- Fixed an issue where opening the Downloads management page sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash when opening a website installed as an app.
- Fixed a crash when Password Monitor shows an alert.
- Fixed an issue where using certain accessibility features like Narrator sometimes causes tabs to crash on certain versions of Windows 10.
- Fixed an issue where dragging items into a Collection sometimes crashes the Collections pane.
- Fixed an issue where Edge sometimes opens many command prompt windows with ERROR: file_io_win.cc(180).
- Temporarily disabled the cards that appear when hovering the mouse over tabs.
- Fixed an issue where there is sometimes blank space between tabs or between the new tab button and the last tab.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes doesn't start reading from the current location in PDFs.
- Fixed an issue where the profile image on the Taskbar shortcut doesn't match the image in the browser.
- Fixed an issue where searching on the History management page sometimes doesn't work.
- Fixed an issue where using Guided Switch opens an additional new tab.
- Fixed an issue where Guided Switch sometimes is triggered for popup windows.
- Fixed an issue where text selected in PDFs sometimes doesn't unselect when it should.
- Fixed an issue where keyboard shortcuts registered by extensions sometimes don't work.
If you're already using the Microsoft Edge Dev channel, this update is available to download now. You can manually download it by checking the "About Microsoft Edge" portion of the settings menu. Otherwise, the Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, and Canary channels are available to download at the official Microsoft Edge Insider site.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Microsoft’s ‘Project Latte’ aims to bring Android apps to Windows 10
Microsoft is working on a software solution that would allow app developers to bring their Android apps to Windows 10 with little to no code changes by packaging them as an MSIX and allowing developers to submit them to the Microsoft Store. The project is codenamed 'Latte' and I'm told it could show up as soon as next year.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.