Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 build 19619 to Fast ring Insiders
Microsoft rolled out a new Fast ring build and announced a handy feature for the Your Phone app.
What you need to know
- A new Windows 10 preview build is available for Insiders on the Fast ring.
- This release pushes the build number to 19619.
- The build is primarily bug fixes and includes just a single change.
Microsoft released yet another Windows 10 preview build for Insiders on the Fast ring today. The release pushes the build number to 19619 and primarily includes bug fixes. But Microsoft also announced a handy new feature for the Your Phone app that lets you control your phone's audio with your PC. You can read more about Your Phone's new feature here.
Here's a rundown of everything that's new and fixed in Windows 10 Fast ring build 19619.
General changes and improvements
- If the Sync button under Settings > Time & Language > Time fails due to network connectivity, the error now tells you that's the issue.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugchecks with error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in the last few builds. This is also believed to be the root cause of some Insiders experiencing their PC frequently freezing.
- We fixed an issue while typing into the browser that could result in the Japanese IME unexpectedly being in Private mode even though the browser wasn't in inPrivate mode.
- We fixed an issue causing many Schannel errors to appear in the System event log.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected characters showing up in the text strings of intl.cpl's Additional Settings > Currency.
- We fixed an issue resulting in stordiag.exe crashing on launch if you tried to open it while running a repro mode trace while filing feedback under the "Disks and Storage" context in the Feedback Hub.
- We're aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're still investigating an issue where the Documents and Downloads sections under Privacy show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We're investigating reports that the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- We're investigating reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We've identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.
If you're a Fast ring insider, you can grab build 19619 from Windows Update now. For more on this release, check out Microsoft's full blog post.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.