Even as American football fans get ready for the new NFL season with the launch of their NFL Fantasy Football 2014 app for Windows Phone, the "other" football (that's soccer for some of our readers) is preparing for their own fantasy league time with the launch of the Fantasy Premier League 2014/15 app for Windows Phone 8.1.
The $1.49 app gives its users access to the largest fantasy football league in the world with over three million participants. Here's a quick look at its features:
- Pick your team - Select your starting XI, nominate your captain, select a vice-captain and change the order of your substitutes.
- Latest points - Review your team's performance each Gameweek via either the pitch or data view and watch the live points update during Barclays Premier League matches.
- Transfers - Research and make transfers each Gameweek with helpful filters to narrow your options to valid transfers only.
- Player profiles - View player profiles and review each of their points histories throughout the season.
- Fixtures - A full breakdown of key points scorers are provided by Gameweek for every one of the 380 Barclays Premier League matches during the season.
- Leagues - Keep track of your progress within each of the mini-leagues you've joined.
- NEW Push notifications - Receive alerts when points have been updated, fixtures have moved Gameweeks, when a Gameweek deadline is approaching and when The Scout is available.
Are you a member of the Fantasy Premier League and if so will you be using this app? Thanks to Windows Phone Scoop for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.