Microsoft's latest firmware update for its Surface family of tablets are rolling out today, offering a rather large update for the Surface Pro 3 along with small downloads for the Surface Pro and Surface RT models.
Here's the change log for the Surface Pro 3 firmware update:
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v220.127.116.11) improved support for Surface Power Cover.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v18.104.22.168) improved support for Surface Power Cover and enhances overall system stability.
- Microsoft LifeCam Front (v5.20.1034.0) significantly improves power consumption during video chat such as Skype, supports Flash camera streaming in Internet Explorer, and improves overall functionality and stability.
- Surface Ethernet Adapter (v8.14.0704.2014) improved support for the gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter.
In addition the Surface Pro got this small update:
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v14.69.24054.176) improves network connection stability and enables functionality on WiFi networks using a hidden SSID.
Finally the nearly two year old Surface RT got a new update today:
- Surface RT UEFI (v3.31.500) enhances overall system stability.
Microsoft did not release updates today for the Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2. What do you think of these latest updates for three of the Surface tablets?
Source: Surface history page
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
See the Microsoft Surface Duo’s dual-screen Android OS in action
A new video with a render shows the Surface Duo's Android OS in action on dual screens. The footage comes from the new Surface Duo SDK, which looks great even at this early stage.
Microsoft might test millimeter-wave body scanners at two data centers
Microsoft could test a new type of body scanner from Rohde & Schwarz. The scanners use millimeter-wave radiation and machine learning to detect weapons and objects.
You can now download the Surface Duo preview SDK from Microsoft
Microsoft released the first set of dual-screen preview SDKs today. One of the SDKs is for the Surface Duo, which allows developers to work on optimizing content for the Surface Duo.
Spruce up your Surface Pro with these awesome accessories
Whether you are using your Surface as your main computer or as a secondary device, you are going to want to make sure it's decked out with all the best gear. We've rounded up a bunch of worthwhile accessories right here.