Microsoft's latest firmware update for its Surface family of tablets are rolling out today, offering a rather large update for the Surface Pro 3 along with small downloads for the Surface Pro and Surface RT models.
Here's the change log for the Surface Pro 3 firmware update:
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v220.127.116.11) improved support for Surface Power Cover.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v18.104.22.168) improved support for Surface Power Cover and enhances overall system stability.
- Microsoft LifeCam Front (v5.20.1034.0) significantly improves power consumption during video chat such as Skype, supports Flash camera streaming in Internet Explorer, and improves overall functionality and stability.
- Surface Ethernet Adapter (v8.14.0704.2014) improved support for the gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter.
In addition the Surface Pro got this small update:
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v14.69.24054.176) improves network connection stability and enables functionality on WiFi networks using a hidden SSID.
Finally the nearly two year old Surface RT got a new update today:
- Surface RT UEFI (v3.31.500) enhances overall system stability.
Microsoft did not release updates today for the Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2. What do you think of these latest updates for three of the Surface tablets?
Source: Surface history page
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.