Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.164 now rolling out to non-Insider AT&T Lumia 950
Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.164 is now rolling out to the AT&T-branded Lumia 950 for those not enrolled in the Windows Insider program. To recap, build 10586.164 launched roughly a week ago for those on the Slow and Production rings, bringing a number of fixes and improvements along for the ride that include:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled. Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, "Close all tabs" not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
AT&T Lumia 950 users that aren't enrolled in the Windows Insider program should be able to start pulling the update down now. To do so, head to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates.
Once you've snagged the update, be sure to shout out either on the forums or in the comments below and let us know how it's treating you.
Thanks for the tips!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.