It's been a busy week for Microsoft, and thus for Daniel and Zac as well! Significant organizational changes are happening for the Windows and Azure teams. Meanwhile, Satya Nadella works to acquire TikTok in the midst of very mixed signals from President Trump.
Microsoft and Apple are at odds over xCloud game streaming and what Microsoft claims are unfair App Store policies. But Microsoft is finding a not-so-strange bedfellow in the form of Samsung with regard to app integrations and a mutual love of foldable devices.
This episode of the Windows Central Podcast was recorded on August 7th 2020.
- Microsoft makes significant reorg changes to Windows and Azure | Windows Central
- Report: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump signs order for new restrictions | Windows Central
- TikTok slams President Trump's Executive Order, threatens legal action | Windows Central
- Microsoft slams Apple over unfair App Store policy as antitrust looms large | Windows Central
- What Microsoft's Xbox xCloud partnership with Samsung really means | Windows Central
- Microsoft 'Your Phone' will soon let you stream your Android apps to Windows 10 | Windows Central
- Samsung Notes and Reminders will soon sync to Microsoft To Do and OneNote | Windows Central
Subscribe to the podcast
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via Spotify
- Listen via: Windows Central app Windows 10 | Android
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
- Watch the live stream video archive
Make this show great by participating!
Send in your comments, questions, and feedback to:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: Until you Fall will punish you, but it's worth it
Until You Fall is a VR roguelite that'll challenge your skills with a blade, your wits, and your arm muscles. It's now available on the Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, PlayStation VR (PSVR), and PC VR platforms including SteamVR and Oculus Rift.
The new 16:10 ThinkPad X1 Nano ships later this year for $1,400
Lenovo's new ThinkPad X1 Nano is a super thin and light business laptop, but it definitely still brings the power. Intel's 11th Gen chips, Evo certification, 5G connectivity, and a weight just over two pounds all make this one to watch out for.
Lenovo ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 nets Intel's latest chips, sleek dual-tone cover
Lenovo took the wraps off of the new ThinkBook 13s Gen 2, showing off a slick design and even slicker hardware. You'll get a new dual-tone cover, all-metal design, and Intel's latest chips in a package that won't break the bank.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.