Malatesta and Phil talk Phil's new phone, some HD2 news, software from the Marketplace and take a couple of your questions.
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Top o' the news
- AT&T Tilt 2 Review - Four for Four
- AT&T Tilt 2 on sale now online and in stores
- Verizon Touch Pro 2 is/isn't in stock.
- Another video hands-on with the HD2
- Tekzilla looks at the Imagio, HD2
- Video hands-on with the HTC HD2
- Verizon Omnia II rumored for Nov. 1
- Canada's Bell getting Samsung Omnia II
- Get the AT&T Pure for a penny on Amazon
- HTC releasing Windows Mobile 6.5 updates for non-U.S. phones
- HTC makes sense out of Sense
- GrooveFish: Stream GrooveShark to your Windows phone
- Video Review: Midomi 2.0 Music Identifier
- Palringo 2.0 Gets Released, Overhauled
- Goosync stops free service
- Execs question Ballmer on Windows Mobile 7
- More details on Marketplace's Phase 2
- Windows phone commercial 1, 2 3
- Microsoft: Most Sidekick data recovered
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
I love your podcast and still follow it although I don't use an WinMo phone any more as my primary device.
In episode 73 one of your listeners asked you what keeps you with WinMo devices. I would like to share my opinion on this.
It's always useful to have someone acting as "Devil's Advocate". Helps everyone see the whole picture, not just the one we want to see.
I've used devices based on WinCE and WinMo since 1999 and loved every minute of it.
I went through about 30 different devices.
Beginning July I jumped ship and bought an HTC Magic.
I liked the OS (it was a huge step up from WinMo 6.1)
But the quality of apps in the Android market tempered my enthusiasm. After 1 month I had enough.
Beginning August sold it and bought iPhone 3Gs.
I'm still missing some of the features of Android such as easy customization and active desktop (I love active weather widgets), but I came to realise something: -With WinMo and Android I was spending a lot of time tinkering with the device trying to make it work as per my heart liking.
Don't get me wrong, I loved doing it, and learned a lot on the way but still it was spending time on tweaking the device instead of using it. -With the iPhone (maybe due to it's closed nature) I found myself doing more useful things, like reading, listening to podcasts and audio books, than just trying to fix the system. I know will be people arguing against it, but I thought I would share my take on this.
Keep up the good work.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.