Update 1PM ET: We now have the full list of stores with this limited offer, listed below
Here’s a special deal for you folks who live near an official Microsoft Store: you can pick up the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 for $0 with a new two year contract. How’s that for an offer you can’t refuse?
The offer is only good through November 3rd and as we said, in-store only, so don’t bother looking for this online anywhere as you won’t find it. Evidently, Microsoft is sending out emails to notify people of the deal and a few of you are snatching it up. Forum member ‘dkp23’ even posted a screenshot to verify its authenticity and indeed, we’ve heard from a few of you separately that this deal is legit.
The Lumia 1020 only launched a few months ago at the $299 price point, but it dropped to $199 after a few weeks. We have no reason to believe that this is anything other than a temporary sale, meaning we don’t expect AT&T to follow Microsoft here.
AT&T did launch the Lumia 925 recently at $99 and the Lumia 920 is now $0.99 on contract. Beginning in November, AT&T is also expected to offer the Lumia 1520 for around $299 on contract, making it the first Windows Phone 6-inch device. That price range – $0.99, $99, $199 and $299 – makes a compelling offering to consumers and offers a clear choice based on budget and preferences.
We haven’t checked with our local Microsoft Store if this Lumia 1020-free deal is being offered, so you may want to call ahead to check yours.
Stores Offering the Lumia 1020 on AT&T for free with contract
- Microsoft Store at Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, CA
- Microsoft Store at the Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, CA
- Microsoft Store at Christiana Mall in Newark, Delaware
- Microsoft Store at Stanford Shopping Center in San Jose, CA
- Microsoft Store at the Mall at Rockingham in Salem, NH
- Microsoft Store at the Westchester, Whiteplains, NY
- Microsoft Store at the Village at Corte Madera in Corte Madera, CA
- Microsoft Store at the Natick Mall in Natick, MA