Windows Insiders in the Fast ring are being treated to another new Windows 10 preview build today, and this one brings some interesting new Cortana improvements along for the ride. Ticking the build number up to build 17127, this latest build release brings along a new profile page in Cortana, along with new tips for learning Cortana skills and the expansion of Cortana's new notebook to more markets. Of course, there's the usual batch of general changes and improvements tagging along as well.
Windows Mixed Reality
- We fixed the issue where the inbox apps would fail to load inside of Windows Mixed Reality.
- We're still investigating some rare instances where newly placed holograms appear empty and the shell may restart when switching between places."We saved this conversation. You'll see it soon in the Conversations tab in Skype for Business and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where if you had your phone linked to your PC prior to upgrading, you'll find it has become unlinked after upgrading.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would crash when using scan mode to read dialogs in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the page up and page down keys not working when using Microsoft Edge in Reading View.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue where if you switched your formatting to Japanese without having the Japanese language in your language list, newly installed apps wouldn't appear in Start.
If you're a Windows Insider on the Fast ring, you should be able to grab build 17127 via Windows Update now. Also check out Microsoft's full release notes for more.
Updated March 20, 2018: A new SDK preview release, build 17120, is also now available for developers.
4 Months ago, Jen G. posted in the feedback hub that proactive content was going to move outside of Cortana and into the action center. I haven't downloaded this most recent build, but as of 17120 it still wasn't set that way. No proactive content or insights anywhere to be found in RS4. Curious to see how they'll handle it.
Builds coming thick and fast now! RTM isn't far away...
Cool! It start downloading now..
I love these new build articles, but I wish they always included which Redstone it is associated with.
fast ring/slow is on RS4. the general public is on RS3 fall creators update
Mhm. For now I'm just looking at the 3rd digit. It's 1 for Fast Ring (RS4) and 5/6 for Skip Ahead (RS5).
When are notifications getting sorted, if you've seen the notification on your phone it still pops up when you start your pc.
Anyone know how to stop the pop out notification onlly on pc?
Since a couple of builds, I have huge issues on my Surface 4 Pro i7 with heat. The machine is mainly connected to charging, and the problem comes when using EDGE or FFox. Yesterday I even had a forced shutdown due to overheating. Fan is working normally. Anybody else have similar issues? I have reported this multiple times on Feedback. While browsing, my CPU is running at 45.....80 percent, 9 instances of EDGE running in Task Manager with one browsing window. When EDGE closed, it goes down to 2....5 percent. Using Defender and Malwarebyte.
Same issue here on Surface Book
Did the fix the keyboard driver for the SP4 that was removed by the previous update?
DO they think removing ll support for Groove from COrtana is an improvement? Also, the touch keyboard still doesnt scroll the page in Edge and covers the input field, hold shift + arrows still doesn't behave as expected... It's a mess what they are doing there.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.