There's a lot going on in the world of Windows Phone. So much, in fact, that it is sometimes tough to catch every important story. Device rumors come and go. New apps join the Windows Phone Store, and your favorite app can get a big update with a new look or new features. Therefore, every week we will compile a list of the Windows Phone news that you just shouldn't miss.
Welcome to "The Windows Phone Weekly Digest."
Windows Phone News
- Lumia 640, Lumia 640 XL and entry-level Lumia 430 launched in Thailand
- Microsoft is working to add non-Lumia smartphones to Windows 10 for phone preview
- Alleged Windows 10 for phones image leak shows live tile transparency options
- New leaked screenshots show off yet more improvements in Windows 10 for Phones
- Microsoft launches the Lumia 640 DTV and Lumia 640 XL in Brazil this week
- Xiaomi Mi 4 running on Windows 10 for phone revealed in new video
- Microsoft has (inadvertently) killed the ability to move offline maps to storage cards
- Yellow Nokia Lumia 830 shows up on eBay, reveals what could have been
- Is the Lumia 640 a good upgrade from my current Windows Phone?
- Windows 10 for phone build 12534 video hands-on reveals new Outlook app, Project Spartan Browser, and more
- Xolo WIN Q1000 gets unique SD Backup + Restore for Windows Phone Contacts, SMS, and MMS
- Microsoft is going to launch the Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL in India on April 7
- Microsoft Research's Hyperlapse for Windows Phone surfaces in an internal beta [update]
- GPS Tracking 4D - location management from your Windows Phone [Download for Windows Phone]
- BBM for Windows Phone gets Channel support in latest beta update [Download for Windows Phone]
- Band Pro - a Windows Phone app for customizing for your Microsoft Band [Download for Windows Phone]
- Viber picks up a small update introducing photo swipe and easy language selection [Download for Windows Phone]
- HTC confirms support of Sense TV ending, to be replaced with Peel remote app [Download for Windows Phone]
- InstaBlender, a creative Windows Phone photo editor, is this week's myAppFree Deal [Download for Windows Phone]
- Cozy is a brand-new Nest-sanctioned app for Windows Phone 8.1 [Download for Windows Phone]
- Foxit MobilePDF Reader comes to Windows and Windows Phone as a universal app [Download for Windows Phone / Download for Windows (opens in new tab)]
- Latest Fhotoroom update adds new controls and presets [Download for Windows Phone (opens in new tab)]
- Weather Flow app removed from Windows Phone Store [Update]
- Microsoft Health app updated for Windows Phone, now available in the UK [Download for Windows Phone]
- PayPal Here is now available for Windows Phone 8.1 [Download for Windows Phone]
- VK for Windows Phone adds numerous new features in latest 4.0 update [Download for Windows Phone / Download for Windows (opens in new tab)]
- Skype Qik app update adds new video effects based on Minecraft and more [Download for Windows Phone]
- NBC's Today app pulled from the Windows Phone Store
- Briefcase, a customizable file manager for Windows Phone [Download for Windows Phone]
- Shazam scores Xbox Music integration, recommended songs in latest update [Download for Windows Phone]
- Latest update to fanband lets you add your Xbox Live Avatar to the Microsoft Band [Download for Windows Phone]
- You can now upload videos from your camera roll to Vine [Download for Windows Phone]
- Fitbit 1.7 hits the Windows Phone store with Mobile Run support and Mobile Badges! [Download for Windows Phone]
- Crimsonland review: A bloody twin-stick shooter for Windows Phone, Windows 8, and Steam [Download for Windows Phone / Download for Windows (opens in new tab)]
- Inchy, an endless jumper (of sorts) Windows Phone game [Download for Windows Phone]
- Future Factory - a Windows Phone game with plenty of targets to blow up [Download for Windows Phone]
- Dead Trigger 2 makes its zombie-shooting debut on Windows Phone [Download for Windows Phone]
- Mini Golf Stars for Windows Phone - complete with loop to loops, sand traps and more [Download for Windows Phone]
- Age of Empires: Castle Siege update offers balance changes and bug fixes [Download for Windows Phone / Download for Windows (opens in new tab)]
- Rebels - a new Star Wars action platformer for Windows Phone [Download for Windows Phone / Download for Windows (opens in new tab)]
- DuckTales: Remastered lands on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone (Update) [Download for Windows Phone / Download for Windows (opens in new tab)]
- Ninja Shurican, a Windows Phone pitting flying ninjas against demons [Download for Windows Phone]
Be sure to weigh in on this week's news in the comments section. See you next week!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
How many shells does the 830 have?
Leaks Leaks Leaks everywhere..!
Yes alot of leaks, but the way things are the only thing they are leaking is the final version of the phone. No insider build in 2 months. I'm not angry just sad :(
Lets hope that the new WP insider build will roll this next week, I have a strong feeling that it will :)
If they don't roll the new build for phones, I will, I will, I will ...... Wait. Seems that's the only option.
Agreed, the only thing going on is a lot of people wondering where win 10TP is for devices like 930, icon, 1020, 1520, as well as where the promised flagships are, and why Microsoft isn't doing more to at least keep apps WP had like chase and bank of America, but we aren't getting any answers from Microsoft or any of their reps (specifically Joe Belfiore since he's in charge). I think that if Steve Elop had any say, he would at least give his users and explanation and work to keep and bring new apps to WP.....he did when he was with Nokia. It seems as if he's just a stage hand since joining Microsoft; who still believes he was a Trojan? I don't! I believe Nokia board played their hand perfectly in order to sell the D/S division for a profit and Elop had nothing to do with it outside of positioning Nokia to make a profit on the sell.
Call a plumber asap.
LOL, nice pun!
My 635 bricked today... Was running 10 fine since released. Turned it on and get a blue screen with a frowny face emoji......... :( What do I do?!
Use Lumia software recovery tool.
I did. It worked. Back on 8.1 now. But it can't find 10 now... I saw there's a bug where if you're version number is too high, then you can't get 10. That might be it. That bug will be fixed with next weeks Windows 10 Phone update.
In between USB otg supports confirmation really make huge relieve!
Thanks for the list of Windows Phone news updates :]
Tomorrow's the last day for the week.
Still waiting for my 1020 to run windows 10 preview.
You think it's going to happen on a Sunday? Especially Easter Sunday!?
It's all Daniel's fault.
Just release Windows 10 mobile, please!
I'm really really really tired of waiting...
Still another week without a build.
Expect a new build in the coming week (next week)
let's hope my German 640 XL Dual Sim is launched 16th April at latest. Am excited about receiving my new phone.
Lets wait and see wat all d features comes with next build. If pattern lock, app locker features comes with next built I will be happy
What OMG55 said. I realize they are trying to push out a major innovation/system overhaul. But it seems device wise they've left so many of their WP fans behind that folks have left for android or apple. Just my 2 cents.
All devices are going to be supported. So , wait for couple of weeks then these articles will be full of questions like this
"Why this app Crashing?"
"Thank god no resuming... Screen but wait it's black screen now:P"
"When next build is coming ? "
"I'm buying an iPhone now"
"Moving to android" More readers , more ad viewers. More revenue, good days are coming for WC :D
I think if they had something for people who want a great phone they would talk about it, we have had the Samsung and the 920 which we have had for 2 1/2 years, and while we cheer for them they say nothing. Should be the other way around, we are leaving, they have abandoned the mobile device space.
Any chance we could get this emailed to us....much like we used to be able to get ICYMI emailed last year? The email ensured I didn't miss a thing, even when busy and on the road or overseas. Thanks!
My 635 bricked today... Was running 10 fine since released. Turned it on and get a blue screen with a frowny face emoji....... :( What do I do?!
Microsoft is taking too much time for release of the next build for phone and PCs they are releasing builds like every other week too bad from microsoft you must shut down your mobile world of windows
Provide app locker the proper one plss vanish up all your limitations guyss.. Think on it.
I wish they will tell us the date of the build of windows10 I can't wait more than this
When window10 for phone is coming.
Im using Lumia1520, can I ask for when can I update windows 10.
I think its hilarious the Insider app has choices for fast or slow, but from what it seems even fast IS slow
Is there really no outlook app for windows phones? Just bought a MICROSOFT branded Lumia handset, and am perplexed why Microsoft apps are supported for android and apple but not their own devices.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.