Malatesta and Phil talk up the latest in Windows Mobile, get a couple of good rants on and answer a few of your questions.
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Top o' the news
- T-Mobile Touch Pro 2 coming Aug. 12.
- Couple of T-Mobile Touch Pro 2s on ebay.
- Xperia X2 side-by-side with the X1.
- HTC XV6975 actually is the Whitestone
- Possible HTC Leo (Firestone) specs
- HTC Firestone gets rendered with speaker on front
- Toshiba TG01 passes FCC in CDMA flavor.
- Samsung announces the Mondi; will be availabe Aug. 1 in Portland, Atlanta and Vegas.
- Windows Mobile satellite phone makes its first call
- HTC Snap for Telus $29 at Best Buy Canada
- Portly Telus Touch Pro 2 at Best Buy Canada
- A look at the Samsung Omnia II user interface
- Samsung Omnia passes FCC, but not likely AT&T-bound.
- A look at the AT&T HP iPAQ K3 Obsidian.
- AT&T reportedly changing its per-per-use data rates
- Matt Miller: Opera Mobile 9.7 beta tops Apple's Safari
- Google Maps update, gets multiple layers
- Review of WiFi Hero
- Review of SPB News
- Review of Tipper application.
- Zero1 too good to be true?
- Microsoft hosting Windows Mobile dev camps.
- Microsoft's Q4 results down, as expected.
- A look at the Marketplace Web interface
- Windows Mobile at the Microsoft retail store.
Our summer freebies continue, this time with software from Vito. Head here for the rules.
Thanks to Michael for the Voicemail; Tom for the e-mail; and @hamill8152 and @shootthis on Twitter. Drop us a line. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us at (866) 904-5882 ext. 222. Or drop us a line on Twitter.
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
The Podcast reported the AT&T data rates story wrong. The PPU price of data on AT&T is going DOWN! Here's an example: Old PPU:
10MB = 10 x 1024 kB/MB x $.01/kb = $102.40 New PPU:
10MB = 10 x $2/MB = $20 Thanks for correcting!
Also, AT&T does currently offer two non keyboard touch screen smart phones. Obviously one is the iPhone, but AT&T also carries a Windows Mobile phone called the LG Incite. The Omnia II would be AT&T's third non keyboard touchscreen.
to correct phil, verizon currently offers THREE touch screen phones, the omnia, storm, and touch diamond...if you count the htc touch, still available that makes 4.
Yep. There you go. And as for the math thing, well, we warned ya. ;)
The I-mate 8502 is a WM Pro 320 x 240 front mounted qwerty device .
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.