What you need to know
- Citadel: Forged with Fire is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in November.
- The game blends Skyrim-like magic with Conan Exiles-like building mechanics.
- The title has garnered great reviews on Steam recently.
- You can purchase it for $25 on Steam if you don't want to wait for the console port.
Updated October 28, 2019: Citadel: Forged with Fire is now coming to Xbox One on November 1. The game runs at 4K resolution on Xbox One X according to the Microsoft Store. You can read the original story below.
At Windows Central, we always try to bring you news about interesting upcoming games. Today, we're going to talk about Citadel: Forged with Fire. According to developer Blue Isle Studios, the game is a massive online sandbox role-playing game with elements of magic, spellcasting, and war. As a newly-minted apprentice, you set off to investigate the dangerous world of Ignus. Your goal is simply to create a name for yourself and achieve notoriety and power among the land's rulers.
Just like Conan Exiles, you can build massive castles, tame beasts to do your bidding, and visit uncharted territories to uncover their mysteries. However, it goes a step above that. You can also hatch plots of trickery and deceit to ascend the ranks among allies and enemies. Lastly, you can always go on a killing spree and become an infamous hunter of other players.
Citadel: Forged with Fire has been available on Steam since 2017, but it's finally coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on October 11. The game garnered mixed reviews at launch, but has since become a critical hit after numerous updates. The latest reviews on Steam are mostly positive.
Some of the main features in the game are listed below.
- Ingus is a 36 square kilometer landmass of sweeping plains, dense forests, craggy mountains, festering swamps, and frozen tundra. You can explore dangerous caves and ancient ruins to recover powerful artifacts.
- Master a diverse range of powerful spells.
- Create your own House and share your resources to build huge castles and team up to hunt legendary creatures. You can also wage war with opposing Houses.
- Use the Pacify spell to tame ferocious creatures and recruit an army.
- Construct your castle using hundreds of pieces.
- The loot generation system creates almost limitless variety in terms of gear and weapons.
- You can fly using a broomstick or airborne creature like a dragon.
We can't wait to get our hands on Citadel: Forged with Fire, and we hope you're just as excited as we are. It's available for $25 on Steam so it may be roughly the same price on the Microsoft and PlayStation stores.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.