What you need to know
- Adobe just launched Creative Cloud Express, a product built to simplify the process of creating multimedia content.
- Creative Cloud Express has a drag-and-drop interface, thousands of templates, and has features powered by Adobe Sensei.
- Creators can access the new product on the web and through the Microsoft Store, Google Play Store, and Apple's App Store.
- Free and paid versions of Creative Cloud Express are available.
Adobe launched a new tool that aims to simplify the creative process. It's called Creative Cloud Express, and it features a drag-and-drop interface and templates for content creation. The product is available on the web as well as through the Microsoft Store, Google Play Store, and Apple's App Store.
A free version of Creative Cloud Express is available, though to unlock more templates, Adobe Stock collection photos, licensed fonts, and several other features, you'll have to get a Premium subscription, which costs $10 per month. A paid subscription also gets you access to premium features in Photoshop Express and Premiere Rush.
Creative Cloud Express includes several features powered by Adobe Sensei, which is an AI technology seen in other apps such as Photoshop and Premiere. Quick actions powered by Adobe Sensei include removing backgrounds from photos, trimming and merging videos, and turning videos into GIFs.
Below are the key features of Creative Cloud Express, as outlined by Adobe:
- Simple drag-and-drop functions to quickly customize thousands of beautiful templates.
- 20,000 premium Adobe fonts and 175 million royalty-free licensed Adobe Stock images.
- Advanced search and discover capabilities, powered by the Adobe Stock Marketplace.
- "Quick Actions" powered by Adobe Sensei to remove background features from photos, trim and merge videos, turn videos into GIFs and convert/export PDFs in a few clicks.
- Shared Templates and Shared Brands to ensure brand consistency across teams.
- Seamlessly manage social media publishing workflows with ContentCal features, once integrated with Adobe.
- Integration with Creative Cloud Libraries.
Adobe shares examples of Creative Cloud Express being used in the real world in a blog post.
In addition to being available as a standalone subscription, Creative Cloud Express is included with Creative Cloud All Apps and flagship single-app plans over $20. It is also free for K-12 users.
Creative Cloud Express for Enterprise and Teams is on the way in 2022, though Adobe didn't specify which features that version would include.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.