What you need to know
- The Falconeer is a gorgeous aerial dogfighting game released for Xbox and PC by Tomas Sala.
- Today, the Falconeer picks up a completely free content update with the release of 'Atun's Folly.'
- 'Atun's Folly' adds a new pirate settlement that rests on top of a giant turtle's back.
- In the free update, the Falconeer players will be able to become a pirate with new missions, side quests, and story missions.
The Falconeer is following the launch of its first paid DLC, the Hunter from earlier this year with a free content update. Atun's Folly is releasing right now for the Falconeer on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, and PC. In the free update, players will discover the unique pirate settlement Atun's Folly, which rests atop a giant turtle in the ocean. Players can expect new story content and more in Atun's Folly.
In Atun's Folly for the Falconeer, players can:
- Explore new pirate-themed missions like taking down trading vessels, looting, and attacking marine forts. Players will earn pirate levels as they explore the Great Ursee ocean.
- Complete a mini-story side quest by defeating legendary aces, powerful mini-boss fighters.
- Complete a new story mission by targeting Atun's Folly when you aren't a pirate.
- Defeat new legendary aces that ride vicious mounts like a Pheonix, Pteron, and Ormir Drake.
- Dual-wield the powerful pirate magnetar rifle.
- Other general game improvements, changes, and more.
Atun's Folly for the Falconeer is releasing now for players on Xbox and PC. If you haven't played the Falconeer yet, it's available through Xbox Game Pass. You can even play it through Xbox Cloud Gaming on your mobile device. The Falconeer just missed becoming one of our best games for Xbox at its launch, but continues to improve with steady updates like Atun's Folly.
If you want to dominate the skies and oceans in the Falconeer, you may want to invest in one of the best controllers for Xbox Series X|S for maximum gaming performance.
Falcons and dragons
Now with optional dragons.
The Falconeer is a gorgeous Xbox console exclusive that looks and plays wonderfully on Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Xbox One consoles. Take flight on a massive falcon and dominate the skies in intense battles. And, with the launch of 'the Hunter' DLC, you can now conquer the horizon on top of a vicious dragon.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer primarily focused on covering the latest news, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been with Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019. While originally brought on to write about all things Minecraft, Zachary has since expanded to write about practically everything that Windows Central covers. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
I tried playing The Falconeer but I just couldn't get into it. It's a shame, because I like the concept.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.