Microsoft India is likely to launch the Lumia 430 in India at a closed event scheduled for tomorrow in New Delhi. The tagline - The new benchmark in affordable smartphones in India – suggests the Lumia 430, the most affordable Lumia device by Microsoft, announced in March earlier this year.
The Lumia 430 is an entry-level Windows Phone, but doesn't cut too many corners in the crucial areas. There's 1GB of RAM and 8GB internal storage with micro SD card expansion. It also packs in a front camera. And of course, the device is slated to get Windows 10 later this year when it is released. The 4-inch dual SIM device attempts to hit all the right notes for both affordability and desirability.
In a way, the Lumia 430 looks like a 'fixed' Lumia 530, which is missing a front-facing camera, ambient light and proximity sensors, and sports only 512 MB of RAM.
Microsoft Lumia 430 Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 4-inch WVGA (800 x480) LCD at 235 PPI
- 1GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage; micro SD up to 128 GB
- 1 MP fixed-focus rear camera; 0.3 MP VGA front-facing camera
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor
- 1500 mAh removable battery
- Size: 120.5 x 63.19 x 10.63 mm
- Weight: 127.9 g
The Lumia 430 was announced for a retail price of $70. Let's see if Microsoft prices it really well to stand out in the crowded budget smartphone segment in India. We'll be at the event, and get you all the details from there.