It's easy to configure a Reolink security camera to get it working on a QNAP network-attached storage (NAS) enclosure. With enough IP camera licenses available on your server, it's even possible to set up a Surveillance Station in but a few minutes. In this guide, I'll run you through the quick and painless process of adding Reolink cameras to your QNAP NAS.
Products used in this guide
- A great value security camera: Reolink RLC-511W ($100 at Amazon)
- Great NAS for surveillance: QNAP TS-251D ($299 at Amazon)
How to connect your Reolink camera to QNAP NAS
- Turn on your QNAP NAS.
- Make sure you've already connected your Reolink camera to your home network, and it's installed and ready for use.
- Launch your favorite browser on a PC to log into your QNAP NAS. (This is usually the IP address followed by port 80, e.g.: 192.168.1.15:80.)
- Open App Center.
- Install Surveillance Station.
- Launch Surveillance Station.
- Enter Settings.
Click on the + on Camera 1.
- Enter all the details for the Reolink camera you're attempting to connect to.
- Hit Test to make sure it works.
- Click Next.
- You can now configure quality and recording settings or leave them default.
- Click Next.
- Here, we can set up schedules and more.
- Once finished, click Next.
- Confirm all the details and click Next to complete the process.
You'll now be able to control, manage, and set all kinds of settings for the newly added Reolink camera within the Surveillance Station. This software suite is expansive, allowing you to set up recordings, schedules, and more.
Our top equipment picks
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Everything you need to build your own NAS setup (and what it will cost)
Running out of storage on your PC or laptop is the worst. Building your own Network Attached Storage (NAS) can help make sure you never have to experience misery.
Building a Plex server? You need one of these hard drives.
Putting together a Plex server isn't difficult, especially with some killer NAS units that can do all the hard work for you. When it comes to storage, you should always look at picking up one of these hard drives.
Best Hard Drives for QNAP TS431-X3 NAS 2020
Choosing the best hard drives for your QNAP TS431-X3 NAS doesn't have to cause you trouble. We've rounded up some fine storage solutions (both HDD and SSD) that will work well inside this excellent NAS enclosure.