So we missed out on the official announcement of the AT&T Pure and Tilt 2, but Malatesta and Phil still bring you plenty of Pure news, preview Tuesday's Super Duper Windows Mobile 6.5 launch day, and cover everything else going on in the world of Windows Mobile and Microsoft.
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe on your Zune
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe directly to the Podcast feed with your favorite Podcatcher here
- Listen to it here with the flash player above.
Top o' the news
- Verizon officially announces the Imagio, available online Oct. 6, in stores Oct. 20
- Verizon Imagio shows off its TV capability
- More video of the Verizon Imagio
- Another sign of the Tilt 2 and Pure on AT&T
- The AT&T Pure start menu
- AT&T Pure doesn't have 3.5mm headphone jack
- Verizon Touch Pro 2: The Hits Keep Coming!
- About that Sprint Touch Pro 2 price drop ...
- Verizon Omnia II: Coming in mid-October with Windows Mobile 6.1
- Samsung Omnia II with a Spanish flavor
- A brief look at the LG GM750
- Xperia X2 due on Vodafone Nov. 6; LG GM750 is out this Friday
- AT&T announces TerreStar Genus sat phone
- HTC HD2 appears in O2 catalog
- Sprint Snap (S511) Gets WM6.5 Custom ROM Action
- Review: SPB Mobile Shell 3.5
- Windows phones considered 'generic' in survey
- Marketplace coming to 6.0/6.1 phones in Nov.
- My Phone will be down Monday-Tuesday
- Microsoft silences Recite service
Thanks to Cody and Michael for the voicemails, and Brad for the e-mail. Drop us a line. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Call us at (866) 904-5882 ext. 222. Hit us up on Twitter - @wmexperts, Deiter, Phil, Malatesta, George, Tim.
Thanks to the WMExperts Store for sponsoring the podcast. Thanks also to these great artists for the music and to CCMixter.org for offering a great database of Creative Commons music!
I waited too long to listen to the podcast... Anyway, there will always be front facing QWERTY devices that have winmo on them. They may not be running 7 because of the requirements but will have to be a new version of pocket PC. This is because there are many handheld devices in use for warehousing jobs and most of them run winmo and they always have physical keyboards on them. There will always be new handheld devices that come out for these scenarios that will need to run a newer version of winmo. So the moral of the story is, either Microsoft is going to make a new set of requirements for front facing QWERTY devices to run 7, or they are going to release a new version of Pocket PC that will take the place of standard and professional that front facing QWERTY phones and ruggedized devices will run from now on after 7 has been released and is in full swing. This is just my own foresight but I see no future for 6.5 once 7 has been released. The only players in microsoft's mobile space is going to be 7 and PPC.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.