This was another important week for Windows 10 Mobile with a new Insider build, the introduction of Microsoft Wallet, the return of an old favorite game, and a few official upgrades for some aging Lumias.
In case you missed it, we have the weeks' wrap for all things Windows phone.
HP's Elite X3 superphone got one step closer to an official release, passing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth certification. It shouldn't be long before we start seeing it on sale.
Microsoft Research released a video showing off one of its latest projects called uLink. The tool offers smartphone users a way to save and bookmark URLs from within other apps, whether it is for immediate use or to reference at a later time.
The day after build 14372 replaced it, adding a few fixes to the mix.
Verizon's Lumia Icon and AT&T's Lumia 1520 both got the official Windows 10 Mobile update, breathing new life into the two former heavyweights.
Other notable items:
- BOGO Reminder: Get a Lumia 950 XL and get a Lumia 950 for free in Canada and the U.S.
- Windows 10 Mobile stalls at 11 percent of entire Windows phone market
- Hands on with the new Black Walnut and Light Oak shells from Mozo for the Lumia 950 and 950 XL
Crunchyroll, the anime video service, is now available for Windows 10 on PC and Mobile.
Fast Ring Insiders picked up the new Wallet 2.0 app, complete with the new NFC Tap-to-pay feature. Be sure to check out the list of banks that currently support it, along with some others who plan to.
Some references to "WinRT" in the latest Steam update suggest that Valve's Steam Authenticator app [might be coming to Windows Phone. The app helps increase account security by generating a random code that can be used to log into your Steam account.
And Microsoft is testing a newly-designed Health app that sports a new user interface that more closely resembles its iOS and Android counterparts. The future version also includes a new "Insights" feature, which offers Microsoft Band users personalized tips on how they can improve their health based on their device and Cortana data.
Other notable items:
- Facebook Messenger Beta for Windows 10 picks up an update
- SafetyCulture's iAuditor app and platform now available for Windows 10
- 8 Zip gets a huge discount to just $0.99
- Microsoft's Wallet app update helps make a surprise party happen in new video
- Why I dropped LastPass for Enpass on Windows 10 — and why you should too
- Dropbox is adding several new and improved productivity tools
- MSN News for Windows 10 now lets you add select media sources (Fast Ring)
- Vivino ceases all app development on Windows platform
- Add a little pop to your messaging with Stickers for Telegram, today's AdDuplex HERO App
- Audible adds podcasts and more short-form shows with latest Windows 10 update
- edjing Scratch arrives on Windows 10 PC and Mobile to let you DJ anywhere
- DailyDiary is a Windows 10 app for documenting life's highs and lows
- Aeries Twitter client for Windows 10 adds Tweetstorm features
- Roku will keep supporting its older Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 apps
- Gadgets app update fixes issues for Fast ring Insiders
- American Express app not currently searchable in Windows Store
- A universal version of Glympse is in the works for Windows 10 PC and Mobile
- Enpass gains 'full-time' Windows Hello support and more in latest update
- Realarm app for Windows 10 UWP officially released
- Free movie streaming service Popcornflix launches universal Windows 10 app
Spellspire, the spelling/RPG hybrid game expanded from iOS and Android to Windows 10 Mobile.
And Crimsonland, the long-running top-down shooter for Windows, will be updated with Xbox Live support, including leaderboards and achievements.
Other notable items:
- Drive yourself crazy with the Windows 10 puzzle game CargoBot
- AdDuplex welcomes the Windows 10 puzzle game Poly and the Marble Maze to the HERO App lineup
- The Splashtop Classroom Assist Windows 10 app will help teachers connect to students
- Dominate the skies in Battle of Helicopters for Windows 10
- Solve the puzzle and build a village with Tales of the Orient, this week's myAppFree Deal
Be sure to weigh in on this week's news in the comments section. See you next week!
Another healthy week. May this be consistent.
Need more xbox live games Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Is tap to pay supporting in India.?
Crimsonland stated on Twitter that it would be 2+ months for the release, for those wondering.
What about Lumia 925???
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.