Every weekend, Windows Central streams an Xbox One or Steam game on Twitch for 1-2 hours and gives out free games to the cool people who join us during the stream. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight we played Neverwinter, the Dungeons & Dragons-themed MMORPG from Perfect World Entertainment. The new Storm King's Thunder expansion takes place in a land decimated by unnatural cold. We braved those frosty climes as we started the expansion. Read on to see the video of our adventure, quick impressions, and contest winners.
Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder
Neverwinter is a free-to-play Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) based on the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons universe. Players will team up to battle against Valindra, a powerful Lich, the Demogorgon, a fierce two-headed demon, and other monstrous foes who threaten the peaceful city of Neverwinter and surrounding lands.
Perfect World unleashes new Neverwinter expansions every few months, always for free. The latest update is Storm King's Thunder, which add the following:
- New title screen music (Yes!!!!)
- New Campaign: The new end-game campaign for Storm King's Thunder is broken down into three parts, each unlocking a new adventure zone. When all three zones are cleared, players will have access to the dungeon on Fangbreaker Island.
- Three New Adventure Zones: Bryn Shander, Lonelywood, and Cold Run
- New Tier 3 Dungeon: Adventurers will need to complete the new Storm King's Thunder campaign and equip their characters with high-level gear in order to access Fangbreaker Island, the most difficult five-player dungeon in the game.
- Class Balance Adjustments: In an ongoing effort to maintain balance for Neverwinter, we've made major adjustment to three classes, the Hunter Ranger, Scourge Warlock and Guardian Fighter.
- New Bosses and Enemies: Besides defending the land from frost giants, players will fight off swarms of arctic beasts, as well as three new bosses who rule over Fangbreaker Island.
Watch us play the opening moments of the Storm King's Thunder expansion, which is intended for high-level players. Neverwinter is free to play and quite fairly monetized, so don't miss out on the adventure!
Join the Windows Central Neverwinter Guild
Guilds are a huge part of the Neverwinter social experience, providing a valuable source of players with which to team up and chat. All guilds allow access to the Guild Stronghold, a base of operations from which members can access their mail, banks, and more. And high level guilds offer unique benefits such as access to exclusive items and Boons (massive stat boosts).
Naturally Windows Central has an established Neverwinter Xbox One guild, and we'd love for you to join! We prefer players to be level 60 or higher, but anyone above level 30 is welcome. You must be an active player (playing multiple times per week), participate in Guild Chat, and donate regularly to the Guild Coffer (which helps us level up the guild and build new structures).
To join, send EastX a message on Xbox Live with your character name and level. Be sure to leave your old guild if you're in one. And see these resources:
- How to join a Neverwinter Guild
- Windows Central Neverwinter Guild Forum thread
- Neverwinter Chat Guide
- Neverwinter Leveling Guide
We look forward to questing with you! Remember, Neverwinter is free (with in-app purchases) so that anyone can experience this massive social role-playing adventure.
We streamed Neverwinter for ~90 minutes tonight. During that time, we gave out a total of 30 prize codes:
- 10 Neverwinter (Xbox One) Trove of Elemental Evil – A pack containing a random valuable item.
- 10 Neverwinter (PlayStation 4) Howler Mount – only available through contests!
- 10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare beta codes for Xbox One – Join in the beta this weekend!
See the contest winners at the end of this story.
How to watch Twitch livestreams
What's the best way to experience Twitch? The Twitch website on your PC or Mac web browser. If you don't have or prefer not to use a computer, you can get the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Xbox 360 Twitch apps and watch from the comfort of your couch. Android and iOS both have official and unofficial Twitch apps to choose from as well.
On Windows Phone, you'll have to grab an unofficial app. There are several to choose from, each with different strengths and weaknesses. Only one app lets you search directly for our channel, though. If you use the others, you'll have to find and follow us from a web browser first. Read the roundup to learn more!
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's Twitch programming? We stream a different game every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday). The stream always starts at the same time: 9pm Eastern (8pm Central, 6pm Pacific, 1am GMT). Next week, we'll be streaming the following:
- Saturday, October 29: Farming Simulator 17. Watch us farm the land in multiplayer and win an Xbox gift card! (Tentative:s game could change)
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
These viewers are going to have a howling good time.
Neverwinter (Xbox One) Trove of Elemental Evil
Neverwinter (PlayStation 4) Howler Mount
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare beta codes
Tonight's prizes provided by Perfect World Entertainment and Activision. Thanks also to our Twitch stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.